About Our Membership
AAPG, an international geological organization, has members in over 116 countries around the world. Included among its members are geologists, geophysicists, CEOs, managers, consultants, students, and academicians.
- 45% of AAPG members hold a title of manager or above.
- AAPG membership includes over 5000 students.
- 28% of AAPG members live outside the United States and 53% work plays outside the U.S.
- For 43% of the membership, exploration is the primary concentration. Another 18% have their primary concentration in development/reservoir management.
- Nearly 100 local, national, and regional geoscience associations around the world are affiliated with AAPG and are represented in AAPG's House of Delegates.
Benefits of AAPG Membership
Members of AAPG are eligible for a variety of benefits. In addition to subscriptions to both the Bulletin and the Explorer and discounts on publications, meetings and courses, each member is eligible for:
- group insurance programs, including life, health, and disability insurance
- car rental discounts from a national firm
- membership in a credit union
- services of the AAPG Foundation Energy Resources Library