Location and Access
Poster sessions are generally located inside the Exhibition Hall — specific instructions are sent to presenters prior to the event. The main entrance of the Convention Center may be used to carry materials into the designated area. Transporting materials to and from the poster area is the sole responsibility of the presenter. Presenters are given a “POSTER PRESENTER" ribbon during registration, which allows early entrance to the Poster Area to set up. Presenters may remain 15 minutes after closing in order to remove their displays.
Poster presentations may be half-day or full-day. The length is generally determined in the Call for Abstracts. Presenters are typically required to be in their booths a minimum of two hours for half-day presentations and two hours in both the morning and afternoon for full-day presentations.
Design of the poster booths may vary by location. Specific instructions are e-mailed to presenters in a Poster Kit before the event.
- Each display is furnished with 1 chair, 1 light and 1 electrical outlet.
- A table may be requested in advance by returning the Poster Presenter Questionnaire. This can be done from the online form, or by faxing the form to +1 918 560 2684.
- Computers, monitors, DVD players and other special equipment must be provided by the presenter or ordered at the presenter’s expense on the AV Order Form included in the Poster Kit.
- If a personal computer is used for the poster, it is advisable to bring a surge suppressor, adapter, transformer and extension cord.
- Presenters may choose to have copies of their abstracts or handout materials available for attendees. Materials should include author’s name, address, phone and email. A packet may be affixed to the poster panel.
Poster presenters are expected to:
- Transport their materials to and from their display.
- Assemble their display.
- Focus their poster on technical content, avoiding advertising and sales promotions in any form (e.g., price lists, etc.).
- Promptly remove all materials within 15 minutes of the end of the poster session. Disassembly must not begin until the close of the session.
- Secure the safety of their materials before, during and after the poster sessions.
- Provide their own materials to attach their display to the panels, e.g., Velcro fasteners (Velcro “hooks” and “loops” are needed as the board consists of a hard surface), string, etc. A limited supply of materials will be available at the Poster Assistance Desk.