Click to enlarge
- Each booth consists of three (1-meter) panels wide and each panel is 2.5 meters high.
- Each booth will be equipped with the three hard wall panels for display of the poster, one (1) chair and one (1) electrical outlet.
- A skirted table (approximately 6 feet long) can be requested in advance by completing and returning the online Poster Session Questionnaire by 15 August.
- Computers, DVD players, VCRs, and other special equipment must be provided by the presenter or ordered at the presenter's expense. To order AV equipment,
contact Terri Duncan.
at tduncan [at] aapg.org
- If you are providing a computer for your poster, remember to bring your surge suppressor as well. An extension cord may also be necessary for your computer or other electrical equipment.
- It is suggested that you have copies of your abstract or handout materials available for attendees, which should include author's name, address, and phone/e-mail, a packet that can be affixed to your display boards.
AAPG audiences are sensitive to commercial overtones and overuse of corporate logos in scientific presentations. You are advised to employ the proper professionalism and discretion in these areas. Logos on posters are appropriate on the title and summation graphics and should not detract from the scientific message. Advertising and sales promotions in any form are strictly prohibited.
- Register online or fax the completed registration form to: +1 781 821 6720
- Reserve your hotel online or fax the completed hotel form to: +1 847 996 5401 or +1 800 587 6017
- Complete the online Poster Session Questionnaire by 15 August.
- Transport your material to and from the Marina Bay Sands Convention Center.
- Assemble your display.
- Focusing your poster on technical content, advertising and sales promotions in any form (e.g., price lists, etc.) is strictly prohibited.
- Promptly remove all material within 15 minutes of the end of the poster session. You must not begin disassembly until the close of the session. See Sessions Schedule
- Secure the safety of your material before, during and after the poster sessions.
- Provide your own materials to attach your display to the panels e.g., Velcro fasteners, string, etc. A limited supply of Velcro will be available at the Poster Assistance Desk.
As in previous years, the poster sessions will be judged. The Ziad Beydoun Memorial Award is given to the best AAPG poster presentation.
Your poster presentation will be judged upon the following criteria. An overall impression will be recorded about each presentation and a recommendation as to its suitability for publication in the AAPG Bulletin.
|| Originality: New concepts or interpretations?
||Significance: Are the data, interpretations, and concepts useful to problems in earth science? How great is the impact of this new information?
||Substantiation: Are data adequate and do they support the conclusions?
||Organization: Is the presentation logically organized and presented?
||Attractiveness: Is the display attractive? Are effective use of colors, designs, maps, photographs, graphics or other visual aids made?
||Legibility: Are title, lettering, photographs, graphs, descriptions, etc. adequate, clear and readable?
||Maximum total score