Short Courses at a Glance
Click here to download a .pdf listing of the Short Courses.
Already registered for the convention? You may add on a Short Course or Field Trip by calling +1 781 821 6732 or sending an email.
|#1 Principles of Geologic Carbon Sequestration (PSAAPG/DEG)||Saturday, 21 April|
|SOLD OUT #2 Shale Gas Reservoir Assessment — An Integrated Approach (AAPG)||Saturday–Sunday, 21–22 April|
|CANCELED #3 Psychological and Geologic Interpretation (PSAAPG/SJGS)||Saturday–Sunday, 21–22 April|
|SOLD OUT #4 Sequence Stratigraphy for Graduate Students (SEPM)||Saturday–Sunday, 21–22 April|
|#5 Analyzing Facies Patterns of Modern Carbonate Sands and Their Potential as Analogs for HC Reservoirs (SEPM)||Saturday–Sunday, 21–22 April|
|SOLD OUT #6 Seismic Geomorphology and Seismic Stratigraphy:
Extracting Geologic Insights from 3-D Seismic Data (SEPM)
|Sunday, 22 April
|CANCELED #7 Upstream/Downstream Geochemistry-Chemometrics: From Identifying Petroleum
Systems to Monitoring EOR (PSSEPM/CGS)
|Sunday, 22 April|
|SOLD OUT #8 Monterey Formation Seminar and Core Workshop (PSSEPM/CGS)||Sunday, 22 April|
|#9 Unconventional Workforce Assets: Developing Women Leaders in the Energy Industry (PROWESS/AWG)||Thursday, 26 April|
|#10 The Basics of Extensional Faulting — An Introduction to the Volcanic Tableland (SJGS)||Thursday, 26 April|
|#11 Deltas: Processes, Stratigraphy, and Reservoirs (SEPM)||Thursday–Friday, 26–27 April|
- Short courses are limited in size and are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration must be accompanied by full payment.
- If you do not plan on attending the convention, a $30 enrollment fee will be added to the short course fee. This fee may be applied toward registration if you decide to attend the convention at a later date.
- A wait list is automatically created if a short course sells out. The AAPG Convention Department will notify you if space becomes available.
- Before purchasing non-refundable airline tickets, confirm that the course will take place, as courses may be canceled if undersubscribed.
- To help us better anticipate the number of attendees and avoid premature cancellation of short courses, please register well before 14 March 2012. Short course cancellations due to low enrollment will be made at this time.
- Courses will be held in the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, unless otherwise indicated. Participants will be advised via email of the specific location approximately one month prior to the course.
There are a limited number of discounted registrations available for students on a first-come, first-served basis. If a discounted space is still available it will show up during the online registration process. If discounted spots are no longer available, you may register at the full fee; if we are able to add additional discounted spots we will refund the difference at that time.