Teachers Program designed to inspire educators
The American Association of Petroleum Geologists invites K-12 science teachers to join us in exploring new methods and technologies to teach the Earth Science Curriculum.
Date: Monday, 23 April
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Check in between 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.)
Location: Shoreline A/B, Hyatt Regency Long Beach
Limit: 50 people
Includes: Workshop, refreshments, classroom materials and luncheon
The program will include
- Presentations of the latest technologies for teaching students the basic concepts of geology and introducing students to field work using resources available on the Internet.
- Classroom materials to assist you in the application of these techniques
- Dr. Tanya Atwater, Professor Emeritus, University of California Santa Barbara
- Sharon Milito, AAPG 2011 Teacher of the Year
- Wendy Van Norden, Harvard-Westlake High School
- Dr. Robert Negrini, Professor, California State University Bakersfield
- Luncheon Speaker: Dr. Robert Anderson, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Mars Lander Program
- If paying by credit card, register online
- If paying by check, download a registration form and mail the form along with your check (made payable to AAPG 2012 Teacher Program) to:
AAPG Convention Department Teacher Program
P.O. Box 979
Tulsa, OK 74101-0979
Substitute reimbursement is available.
For more details contact
Teacher Program Chair