Annual Leadership Days
Friday - Sunday, August 10-12, 2012
Focus Group Slides
Four focus groups were organized for this 32nd Annual Leadership Conference. The following links are to PDFs of slides used to report on discussions held.
- Group A:
- Introduction: The Association Role in Fostering Scientific Breakthrough
Presented Saturday, 8/11/12, by Stephen E. Laubach, AAPG Editor 2010-13
- The Association Role in Fostering Scientific Breakthroughs
Facilitators: Steve Laubach, Michael Sweet, and Colin North
Staff Liaisons: Jim Blankenship and Beverly Molyneaux
- Group B:
- Introduction: Fine-Grained Mudstones: Innovations in Understanding Rock Properties at the Nanoscale
Presented Saturday, 8/11/12, by Andrea Reynolds, EMD President 2012-13
- Pore Systems in Fine-Grained Rocks
Facilitator: Andrea Reynolds
Staff Liaison: Susan Nash
- Group C:
- Introduction: Economics of Resource Plays: Fundamentals and Issues
Presented Saturday, 8/11/12, by Richard Nehring
- The Economics of Resource Plays: What Works and What Doesn’t
Facilitator: Richard Nehring
Staff Liaison: Alan Wegener
- Group D:
- Introduction: Reducing Risk Using Seismic Attributes
Presented Saturday, 8/11/12, by Deborah Sacrey, AAPG Treasurer 2012-14
- Delineating Prospects Using Seismic Attributes
Facilitator: Deborah Sacrey
Staff Liaison: Jim Blankenship
A Word from Ted Beaumont, AAPG President 2012-13
Thank you for attending the 32nd AAPG Annual Leadership Days in Tulsa, OK. I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did.
Our focus this year is on science and technology. Please remember to pass on any ideas you have for papers, books, GTWs, short courses, etc. AAPG especially needs to know who to contact to help us build new science products.
Above are the PowerPoint slides that were presented during the conference and key actions that came from the weekend.
Again, thank you for your participation in the meetings and being a leader in our profession. Together we will continue making AAPG indispensible to the petroleum geologist.
Ted Beaumont, AAPG President 2012-13