Join us for the AAPG 2011 Teachers Program!
The American Association of Petroleum Geologists invites K-12 science teachers to join us in exploring Earth and Space Science.
The program will include:
- Hands-on demonstrations of classroom activities led by AAPG 2010 Teacher of the Year, Stef Paramoure
- Classroom materials to assist you in bringing Earth and Space Science alive in your classroom
- All-Convention Luncheon featuring scientist-astronauts Harrison H. “Jack” Schmitt, Kathryn D. Sullivan, James F. Reilly II and Andrew J. Feustel
- Private Meet and Greet with luncheon speakers
- Guided tour of the convention with an industry professional
Date: Monday, 11 April
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: George R. Brown Convention Center
Fee: $30 (includes All-Convention Luncheon, convention access, refreshments and program materials)
Participants will receive six hours of G/T credit.
- 7:30 a.m.-8:00 a.m. Check in
- 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Classroom demonstrations
- 11:30 a.m.-1:15 p.m. All-Convention Luncheon
- 1:45 p.m.-2:30 p.m. Meet-and-Greet
- 2:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Tour of convention
Register online or download a registration form.
For more details, contact:
Alison Henning, Teacher Program Chair