+44 207 434 1399
For sponsorship opportunities contact Jeremy Richardson
Unconventional Gas Shales in Poland: A Look at the Science
10-11 May 2012 | Warsaw, Poland
Downtown Warsaw is the location for this first Europe Region GTW.
About the Workshop
Shale gas has become an energy game changer around the world. More established finds along with recent discoveries of potentially vast global gas resources locked in shales has led to gas shales becoming a major energy source. There still remain numerous questions to answer concerning the gas shales themselves and their commercial development including estimating reserves and producibility.
The goal of this Geoscience Technology Workshop (GTW) is to promote an open discussion of the state-of-art of unconventional shale gas exploration and development. The forum is intended to promote collaboration on the various aspects of both scientific and commercial development and exploitation of shale gas in Europe with analogous comparisons to worldwide shale plays. A range of session topics has been designed to integrate detailed observations and perspectives from reservoir analysis and characteristics of shale plays to shale deposition and lithology.
Who should attend?
Professionals from industry and academia, both those actively working on these topics and those wishing to learn more.
- Steven Veal - Conference Chair, DCX Resources
- Julie Bell – Co-Conference Chair, London South Bank University
- Vlastimila Dvorakova – Czech Geological Survey, AAPG Europe Region President
- AAPG Europe Office
- AAPG Non-endorsement Policy
- The American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) does not endorse or recommend any products and services that may be cited, used or discussed in AAPG publications or in presentations at events associated with AAPG.