Co-hosted by: AAPG Latin American Region and Asociación Argentina de Geólogos y Geofísicos Petroleros (AAGGP)
Latin America GTW
Vaca Muerta - The Leading Shale Play in Latin America
2-4 December |
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vaca Muerta Outcrops in Mendoza Province, Argentina
Recent drilling results point to the tremendous resource potential of the Vaca Muerta shale in the Neuquén Basin. Some assessments indicate that Argentina may have the largest and most prolific shale source rocks in Latin America. The goal of GTW Argentina 2012 is to accelerate the learning curve leading to commercial production of the Vaca Muerta and to encourage exploration for shale plays in other Argentine basins such as the Golfo San Jorge and Austral Basins.
- Day 1: Reservoir Characterization, Integrating the Geosciences
- Day 2: Drilling, Evaluation, Completion, Production Optimization
Following the first GTW Argentina in 2011, AAPG Latin American Region and the Asociación Argentina de Geólogos y Geofísicos Petroleros (AAGGP) are pleased to offer this second workshop to apply lessons learned and deepen our understanding of shale reservoirs and reserves (both gas and liquids). By taking an integrated approach, GTW Argentina 2012 offers a venue where geologists, engineers, geophysicists, petrophysicists, and geochemists can talk with each other, share ideas and experiences.
Join leading operators in Argentina, along with key companies and universities across Latin America and North America as we examine the opportunities, apply lessons learned, and address the technical challenges required for developing Argentina’s rich potential.
- Luis O. Rébori, GTW Argentina General Co-Chair, President, AAGGP
- Victor Vega, GTW Argentina General Co-Chair, Equion Energia Colombia
- Miguel Ramirez, President, AAPG Latin America Region, ExxonMobil
- Eduardo Vallejo, Vice President, AAGGP, Petrobras Argentina
Venue - AAPG hotel room rate $169 USD
- AAPG Non-endorsement Policy
- The American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) does not endorse or recommend any products and services that may be cited, used or discussed in AAPG publications or in presentations at events associated with AAPG.