Co-hosted by: AAPG Latin America Region and Sociedad Geologica del Peru (SGP)
Latin America GTW
Hydrocarbon Exploration in Fold and Thrust Belts
3-5 March 2013 | Swissotel | Lima, Peru
Register Now: Registration closes Wednesday, February 27. There is no onsite registration
The fold and thrust belt in Perú is a very interesting place to explore for hydrocarbons, not only because of the significant number of structures present but also due to proximity to the proven petroleum systems in giant Camisea field. Currently, major oil companies including Petrobras, Repsol, Ecopetrol, Pluspetrol, Hunt Oil and others are involved in hydrocarbon exploration in the fold and thrust belt extending to the north and south of Camisea. This massive feature spanning nearly six thousand kilometers from Argentina to Venezuela may contain several more giant accumulations.
GTW Peru attendees will have the opportunity to discuss reservoir characteristics and production performance of the giant Camisea field in Perú. Case studies from exploration on structures similar to Camisea, such as Ramos in Argentina, Margarita in Bolivia, Cusiana in Colombia and Barinas in Venezuela, will offer lessons learned that may apply to the un-explored Peruvian fold and thrust belt with its many potential hydrocarbon traps. Workshop attendees will also benefit from analogous presentations from proven fold and thrust belts in North America and other parts of the world. Small group discussion among industry leaders, government and academia adds experience and insights from geology, geophysics, geochemistry, and engineering perspectives.
- AAPG Latin America Region
- Sociedad Geologica del Peru (SGP)
- Barbara Bruce, GTW General Co-Chair/Convener; President, SGP; President/GM, Hunt Oil Company of Peru
- Federico Seminario, GTW General Co-Chair/Convener; Exploration Manager, Pluspetrol Peru Corporation S.A.
- Miguel Ramirez, GTW Convener; President, AAPG Latin America Region; ExxonMobil Colombia, retired
- Pedro Alarcón, GTW Convener; VP, AAPG Latin America Region; Senior Development Manager, Savia Peru
- Alfredo Disalvo, GTW Session Co-Chair; Corporative Geology Manager, Pluspetrol S.A.
- Dick Murdock, GTW Session Co-Chair; Exploration Manager South America and Africa, Hunt Oil Company
- Jose Maria Gonzales, GTW Session Co-Chair; Team Leader, Pacific Exploration Operations & Services, Repsol
- Carlos Monges, GTW Session Co-Chair; President and General Manager, Gran Tierra Energy Perú S.R.L.
- Rolando Bolaños, GTW Session Co-Chair; Perupetro
- Seferino Yesquén León, GTW Session Co-Chair; Assessor, Petrobrás Energía Perú S.A.
- Carlos J. Lopez, PhD, GTW Session Co-Chair; Senior Exploration Geoscientist, ExxonMobil Exploration Company
- Susan Smith Nash, PhD, Director, Education & Professional Development, AAPG
- Carol Cain McGowen, Development Manager, U.S. Sections & International Regions, AAPG
- AAPG Non-endorsement Policy
- The American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) does not endorse or recommend any products and services that may be cited, used or discussed in AAPG publications or in presentations at events associated with AAPG.