Volunteer assistance from Geological Society of Brunei
Interested in making a presentation?
Send a 20-line summary and short CV for consideration to Adrienne Pereira, AAPG Asia Pacific Office.
Asia Pacific Deepwater Plays: Exploration and Production
12-14 March 2013 | Brunei Darussalam
Field Trip 14-15 March 2013
All Seats for this field trip have been taken. Thank you.
Deepwater plays in Asia-Pacific remain a hot topic as many operators are active with their exploration activities whilst some fields are in the appraisal and development stage. New technologies and geological concepts were brought into the region and applied in a variety of studies and projects.
This 2.5-day workshop (12-14 March; program ends after lunch on 14 March) facilitates companies and individuals who are involved in Asia-Pacific deepwater plays to share and learn from others. Presenters will bring updates on various deepwater plays in the region and analogs from different regions will be presented in this event as well. There will be several open discussion sessions to involve participants in interactive discussions.
Registration Information Register Now | DOWNLOAD FORM
|AAPG Members & PetroleumBRUNEI Staff||USD 845||USD 945|
|Non-Members||USD 945||USD 1,045|
|Field Trip (optional)||USD 250||USD 250|
Who Should Attend?
Exploration and development geologists, geophysicists, log analysts, and managers involved in deepwater exploration and production activities. The workshop will benefit everyone from experts to those unfamiliar with deepwater systems.
Benefits of attending:
- Gain valuable lessons from deepwater players in the Asia Pacific region
- Identify areas of improvements in geological and geophysical models
- Establish communication and discussion forum to identify common issues and challenges
- Engage professionals across the industry and academia in identifying areas of research and development synergy.
- Pg Dr Abdul Razak Pg Hj Damit, PetroleumBRUNEI
- Herman Darman, Shell The Hague
- Haji Azhar Bin Haji Yahya, Energy Department, Brunei Darussalam
- Dk Hajah Siti Hajar bte Pg Hj Zainal, Brunei Geological Society
- Henry Posamentier, Chevron
- Volker Simon, Brunei Shell Petroleum
- Yves Grosjean, Total Brunei
- Azmir Zamri, Petronas Brunei
- AAPG Non-endorsement Policy
- The American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) does not endorse or recommend any products and services that may be cited, used or discussed in AAPG publications or in presentations at events associated with AAPG.