note: Regions and Sections is a regular column in the EXPLORER
offering news for and about AAPG's six international Regions and six U.S. Sections
press releases and other information should be submitted to the
EXPLORER/Regions and Sections, P.O. Box 979, Tulsa, Okla. 74101.
Carol Cain McGowen
, at 1-918-560-9403; or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(* Address is not the company address.)
Carol Cain McGowen has joined the AAPG staff in the new position of Regions and Sections manager.
As such, McGowen will serve as the primary liaison between AAPG headquarters and the six U.S. Sections and six international Regions of AAPG.
This position evolved from a need to provide a dedicated staff person who is directly responsive to member requests and information needs. The position also is designed to encourage an exchange of best practices among all groups.
McGowen holds a bachelor of geoscience degree from the University of Tulsa and has nearly 10 years of mid-continent oil and gas industry experience. In addition, she brings considerable experience in non-profit management and international awareness, including travel to Europe, Latin America and Africa.
As the direct point of contact at AAPG headquarters, her responsibilities will include:
- Primary liaison with Sections and Regions officers.
- Liaison with AAPG House of Delegates members and AAPG affiliated societies.
- AAPG membership development support, including oversight of Section and Region membership review committees.
- Providing assistance to Sections and Regions to develop comprehensive business plans.
- Representing AAPG at key Sections and Regions meetings and all major international meetings.
Members will have a chance to meet McGowen during the coming year either during your area meeting, a special visit or at the AAPG annual and international meetings. She can be contacted
at email@example.com; or 1-918-560-9403.