Foundation Trustees Name Officers
New AAPG Foundation Trustee Associates officers for 2008-09 were elected recently during the group’s annual meeting in Jackson Hole, Wyo.
Newly elected officers are:
- Lee Backsen, chairman, Houston.
- Donald A. O’Nesky, vice chair, Venice, Fla.
Joining them on the Trustee Associates’ executive team will be Jay Henthorne, who will serve the second of his two-year term as secretary/treasurer.
More than 150 Trustee Associates and guests – including spouses and SEG Trustee Associates – attended this year’s meeting, which featured a presentation on “The Unconventional Gas Revolution: U.S. Gas Capacity Surging Ahead,” by Robert W. Esser, Cambridge Energy Research Associates.
Other business included reports by Foundation Chairman Bill Fisher; Financial Campaign Co-chair Jack Threet and Foundation Executive Director Rick Fritz.
The next Trustee Associates meeting will be held Oct. 7-11, 2009, in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
Trustee Associates continue to demonstrate leadership through their ongoing financial support of Foundation activities, especially those dedicated to the educational outreach initiative programs.
Recent gifts have been received from:
- John and Colleen Silcox, who provided a $12,500 gift to be used to support the Peter Gester Memorial Grant-in-Aid, K-12 Education Fund and the General Fund.
- Sam Peppiatt contributed $10,000 to support the Digital Geology Endowment Fund.
Gifts and pledges to the campaign at press time totaled $23,913,000.
In other AAPG Foundation news, three members have joined the Trustee Associates. They are:
- John Bookout, Houston.
- Kay Pitts (current AAPG treasurer), Bakersfield, Calif.
- Mike Forrest, Duncanville, Texas.
They bring the Trustee Associates’ total to 266.