ACE Issues Call for Papers
The call for abstracts is open for the 2014 AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition, to be held April 6-9 in Houston at the George R. Brown Convention Center.
The technical program will include 11 themes, plus a special session on the “History of Petroleum Geology.”
Proposed themes are:
- Emerging Frontiers and New Technology: Ideas and Innovations That Revolutionize the E&P Industry.
- Unconventional Resources: What Have We Learned So Far and Where Are We Going?
- Producing Oil and Gas Fields and New Conventional Plays: How Do We Maximize Recovery by Applying New Science and Multidisciplinary Approaches to Mature Fields and Plays?
- Carbonates and Evaporites.
- Energy and the Environment.
- Geochemistry and Petroleum Systems Analysis.
- Structure, Tectonics and Geomechanics.
- Geophysical Methods for Exploration and Production.
- AAPG and SEPM Student Poster Sessions.
Complete guidelines can be found on the ACE website.
The abstract deadline is Sept. 13.
For more information go online to www.aapg.org/houston2014.