Pittsburgh Abstract Deadline Arrives Oct. 11
The deadline is near for responding to the call for technical paper and poster abstracts for the 2013 AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition, which will be held May 19-22 in Pittsburgh, Pa.
The deadline for abstracts is Oct. 11.
The 2013 ACE will be held in the David L. Lawrence Convention Center, marking the first time AAPG has tabbed Pittsburgh as its convention locale.
The meeting theme is “Making the Play With Geotechnology,” and technical papers and posters are being sought for 12 themes:
- Global Unconventional Resources (co-chairs, Harris Cander and Randy Blood).
- The Appalachian Basin – A Re-Emerging Giant (Doug Reif and Jim Pancake).
- Emerging Conventional Frontiers (Jeff Bruce and Chris Willan).
- Active Conventional Oil and Gas Fields (Roy Lynch and Ed Rothman).
- Siliciclastics (Rick Abegg and Amy Weislogel).
- Carbonates and Evaporites (Bill Morgan and Taury Smith).
- Energy and the Environment (Daniel Soeder and Shikha Sharma).
- Analysis of Petroleum Systems (Jack Pashin).
- Structural Geology and Neotectonics (Jaime Toro).
- Geophysics and Seismology (William Harbert).
- E&P Technology and Research – The Past and the Future (Tim Murin and Rich Lane).
- AAPG and SEPM Student Posters (Tim Carr and Bosiljka Glumac).
For more detailed information on the themes or on the abstract submission process, visit the ACE 2013 website.
Remember, the deadline to submit an abstract is Oct. 11.