Deadline Near for Long Beach Abstracts
Abstracts continue to be accepted online for the 2012 AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition (ACE), which will be held April 22-25 in Long Beach, Calif. – but the deadline for submissions arrives this month.
The deadline for submitting abstracts in Sept. 22.
The ACE theme is “Directing the Future of E&P – Starring Creative Ideas and New Technology,” and the technical program will comprise 11 themes:
- Active Oil and Gas Fields: Development and Production – A look at state-of-the-art production, development geoscience and multidisciplinary studies.
- Emerging Frontiers – Recent discoveries, emerging exploration plays and technological breakthroughs.
- Siliclastics Reservoirs: Exploration and Characterization – Current trends and concepts of siliciclastic reservoir deposition and characterization.
- Carbonates and Evaporites: Exploration and Characterization – Current knowledge and research into carbonate reservoirs and evaporates.
- Unconventional Resources – Where we are and what’s ahead for unconventional resources.
- Basin Analysis and Petroleum Systems – Concepts and ideas that cover the broader aspects of basin-scale petroleum systems and geo-histories.
- Alternative Energy – Exploration and use of energy outside conventional and unconventional oil and gas resources.
- Environmental and Energy Research – The relationship between environment and energy.
- Structural Geology and Neotectonics – State-of-the-art thinking and research into structural geology and tectonics.
- Geophysics and Seismology – Technology and recent advances in geophysics.
- Geoscience Principles and Applications – A focus on the application of various principles and technologies in natural resource E&P.
- AAPG and SEPM Student Poster sessions.