Long Beach Abstracts Are Invited
Abstracts continue to be accepted online for the 2012 AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition (ACE), which will be held April 22-25 in Long Beach, Calif.
The ACE theme is “Directing the Future of E&P – Starring Creative Ideas and New Technology,” and the technical program will comprise 11 themes:
- Active Oil and Gas Fields: Development and Production – A look at state-of-the-art production, development geoscience and multidisciplinary studies applied to both mature and new fields worldwide. (Theme chair: Tony Reid)
- Emerging Frontiers – Recent discoveries, emerging exploration plays and breakthroughs in geoscience technology. (Carlos Marcellari)
- Siliciclastics Reservoirs: Exploration and Characterization – Current trends and concepts of siliciclastic reservoir deposition and characterization. (Andrea Fildani)
- Carbonates and Evaporites: Exploration and Characterization – Current knowledge and research into carbonate reservoirs and evaporates. (Sean Guidry)
- Unconventional Resources – Where we are and what’s ahead for unconventional resources, including predictive geologic controls on unconventional reservoir performance. (Steve Sonnenberg)
- Basin Analysis and Petroleum Systems – Concepts and ideas that cover the broader aspects of basin-scale petroleum systems and geo-histories. (Barry Katz)
- Alternative Energy – Exploration and use of energy outside conventional and unconventional oil and gas resources. (W.C. “Rusty” Riese)
- Environmental and Energy Research – The relationship between environment and energy, safety and oil spill response to CO2 capture and sequestration. (Chris Smart)
- Structural Geology and Neotectonics – State-of-the-art thinking and research into structural geology and tectonics. (David Ferrill)
- Geophysics and Seismology – Technology and recent advances in geophysics, with special emphasis on integrating geology and geophysics in exploration and production. (Steven Getz)
- Geoscience Principles and Applications – A broad range of geological topics, focusing on the application of various principles and technologies in natural resource exploration and production. (Hilario Camacho)
- AAPG and SEPM Student Poster sessions. (Sean O’Connor)
Abstracts must be received by Sept. 22.
To submit an abstract, or for more information, go to aapg.org/longbeach2012.
Exhibition and sposorship opportunities also are available online – or
contact the AAPG Convention department
for more information.