Abstracts Now Accepted for Long Beach ACE
Abstracts are now being sought and can be submitted online for the 2012 AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition, which will be held April 22-25 in Long Beach, Calif.
The ACE theme is“Directing the Future of E&P – Starring Creative Ideas and New Technology,” and the technical program will comprise 11 themes:
- Active Oil and Gas Fields: Development and Production – Production, development geoscience and multidisciplinary studies applied to both mature and new fields worldwide.
- Emerging Frontiers – Recent discoveries, emerging exploration plays and technology breakthroughs.
- Siliclastics Reservoirs: Exploration and Characterization – Current trends and concepts of siliciclastic reservoir deposition and characterization.
- Carbonates and Evaporites: Exploration and Characterization – Current knowledge and research into carbonate reservoirs and evaporates.
- Unconventional Resources – Where we are and what’s ahead for unconventional resources.
- Basin Analysis and Petroleum Systems – Concepts dealing with basin-scale petroleum systems and geo-histories.
- Alternative Energy – Looking beyond conventional and unconventional resources.
- Environmental and Energy Research – The relationship between environment and energy, from safety and oil spill response to CO2 capture and sequestration.
- Structural Geology and Neotectonics – State-of-the-art thinking and research into structural geology and tectonics.
- Geophysics and Seismology – Technology and recent advances in geophysics, with special emphasis on geology and geophysics integration.
- Geoscience Principles and Applications.
- AAPG and SEPM Student Poster sessions.
The abstract submittal deadline is Sept. 22. Submit online today at http://aapg2012ace.abstractcentral.com/index.jsp.
Exhibition and sponsorship opportunities also are available online, or
contact AAPG Convention Department
for more information.