Five New Endowments Added to University Digital Products Fund
AAPG Foundation Trustee Associates have provided five new endowment gifts for the AAPG Foundation Digital Products University Subscription Fund.
- Thornton Anderson – a subscription for Wichita State University.
- Bruce Dice – a subscription for Michigan State University.
- Paul Dudley – a subscription for Pomona College.
- Bill Monroe – a subscription for University of California, Davis.
- William Marshall – a subscription for Cornell University.
The Digital Products University Subscription Program allows alumni to provide a one-time gift of $12,500, which allows the faculty and students at their designated university access to AAPG’s digital library – currently over 600,000 pages of archived geosciences information.
Foundation Trustees also have made an impact on the Grants-in-Aid Program, as three members recently provided augmented funding for established Named Grant funds:
- Bill Walker donated additional endowment funds to supplement the Rodney A. Bernasek Memorial Grant, which he established in 2009. The grant will be awarded annually in the amount of a $1,000 to a geosciences student at the University of Nebraska.
- Marta S. Weeks-Wulf contributed additional endowment funds to increase the Marta S. Weeks Named Grant to a $3,000 annual grant.
- Jon Withrow contributed additional endowment funds to increase the Jon R. Withrow Named Grant to a $1,000 annual grant for a geosciences graduate student attending the University of Oklahoma.
Additional student support was received from Trustee Associate Paul Strunk, who provided a generous gift to support the Paul and Deana Strunk Geology Scholarship at his alma mater, Kansas State University.
Two members recently joined the Trustee Associates, increasing the group membership to 273. They are:
- Steve Bell, Houston.
- Mike Jobe, Houston.
For information on Trustee Associate membership or other Foundation programs, contact Foundation manager Rebecca Griffin at 918-560-2644.