Rio ‘Early Birds’ Can Save Money
Exciting and beautiful Rio de Janeiro is the setting for the next
AAPG International Conference and Exhibition.
An important deadline is near regarding the AAPG International Conference and
Register on or before Sept. 9 and you can save hundreds of dollars off your
Registration is open and the entire technical program is now available online
for this year’s ICE, which will be held Nov. 15-18 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The technical program is built on the theme “Broader, Further, Deeper,” with the Associaçáo Brasileira de Geologos de Petróleo serving as the host society, and Haroldo Lima, director general of Brazil’s ANP (National Petroleum Agency) the general chair.
Registration fees are on a tiered format, with price savings available for those
who register early. For example, for an AAPG member the registration fees are:
- On or before Sept. 9 – $645.
- On or before Oct. 21 – $725.
- After Oct. 21 – $900.
Organizers have prepared a program that includes more than 300 oral and poster
presentations, 14 short courses and five field trips.
Also included are two special sessions:
- A plenary session on “Opportunities in a High-Stakes Environment.”
- A panel on “Giant Fields of the Decade – E&P Challenges.”
Appropriately, the conference will focus largely on offshore activities as well
as offering sessions on upstream areas.
Primary themes the technical program will feature include:
- Regional Geology, Paleogeography and Tectonics.
- Technology Application to E&P Environmental Solutions.
- Stratigraphy – Clastics and Carbonates.
- Reservoir Characterization – Outcrop Analogs, Surface and Subsurface Integration in Reservoirs, Reservoir
Diagenesis, EOR and Field Development Studies, Fault Networks and Fractured
- Structure – Traps and Seals.
- Basin Modeling – New Concepts and Innovative Technologies.
- Petroleum Systems – Geochemistry, Source Rocks, New Technology Applications.
- Formation Evaluation and Drilling Innovations.
- Salt Basins – E&P Challenges.
- Deepwater Environments – E&P Challenges.
- Geophysics – Advances in Subsurface Imaging, Seismic and Non-Seismic Methods, 4-D Seismic
Case Studies, Visualization Technology Advances, Imaging Below Salt,
- Risk Analysis and Assessment – Economic Analysis.
- New and Emerging Regions – New Ways to Look at Old Plays, New Opportunities in Frontier Basins.
- Unconventional Resources – Oil Shale, Shale Gas, Tight Gas, Heavy Oil, Coalbed Methane.
- Industry’s Crew Change – Impact on Hiring, Training and Retaining Skilled Resources.
To register or for more information go to www.aapg.org/rio.