North Sea Highlighted At Oslo Conference
A comprehensive look at the industry’s past and future in the North Sea will be highlighted at this year’s AAPG European Region conference, set Oct. 5-7 at the Hotel Bristol in Oslo, Norway.
The meeting’s theme is “The North Sea After 40 Years,” and organizers have crafted a technical program centered on the question:
After over 40 years of varied upstream activity, what are the key lessons from the North Sea to take forward in the future?
To do this, the conference will focus on five main themes:
- Exploration and production innovation.
- Technological development.
- Environmental protection.
- Attracting and developing the next generation.
- Fiscal and commercial structures and incentives.
“The quality of the technical program is outstanding and I am very happy that the technical program committee has been able to attract such high level speakers covering all the most important aspects of the North Sea,” said Geir Lunde, conference general chair.
“Geologists should be attracted and excited at the opportunity to participate in such an event where important learning points and attractive opportunities for the future are presented and discussed in two effective days,” he said.
“My personal view is that the North Sea will be one of the world’s best places to test out and prove new value adding technologies both within exploration and production in mature provinces,” he added. “Companies active in the North Sea will be among the first to harvest from this development.”
The program includes presentations on all the latest activities, techniques and technologies that are part of the North Sea story. Some of the highlights include:
- A look at the history of the North Sea.
- Maintaining production and development in some of the mature giant oil fields by major IOCs.
- The latest applications of technology.
- A panel discussion with representatives from the UK, Netherlands, Denmark and Norway presenting their views on the region’s future.
- The role and status of E&P technology from a North Sea perspective.
- Several case studies and exploration stories.
Meeting details and registration is available online.