Personal touch is persuasive
Joining AAPG Is Now Easier
AAPG’s membership has experienced some growth, both domestically and internationally, but the increase could be better … should be better … and can be better with a little help from you, our members.
Invite others to join AAPG.
It’s easy – and effective. Nothing works as well as personal contact when it comes to attracting new members to AAPG.
And if any more incentive was needed, just remember AAPG’s Recruitment, Reward and Recognition Program, which was created to help increase the AAPG Active membership and recognize and reward the members who work toward this achievement.
The more members you recruit, the more points you get, which can be applied toward nice reward gifts; and more points means more members, making AAPG even better. It’s a win-win situation for all.
And while the program is not a “contest” – RRR is an on-going program allowing recruiters to accumulate points for as long as they wish – there are tangible rewards, too, such as beautiful one-of-a-kind mineral and fossil specimens, like fossil fish, polished ammonites, petrified wood book ends, onyx bowls, amethyst geodes and megalodon shark teeth.
Or, you can simply take an AAPG Bookstore voucher of equal value.
We currently have over 450 participants – but we want more!
You may be asking yourself – if I get one person to join, will it really make a difference?
YES! If each member recruited just ONE person we would double our membership within this fiscal year.
It is easy to get started – after all, you’re simply asking people to join you in the world’s greatest geosciences organization, right?
Need some ideas? How about:
- Send colleagues an e-mail.
- Sit down over some coffee or lunch (or other social event) and simply ask them to join.
- Schedule an AAPG recruitment presentation at local talks or a professional meeting.
- Find out if your company supports the importance of belonging to professional societies and request to become an AAPG ambassador. Companies will benefit by developing their staff as international members of a global community, as well as encouraging greater knowledge, advancing language and technical skills.
- Share your personal story with potential members: Tell them honestly why you joined, why you have maintained your membership and be sure to explain or outline the benefits of belonging to our organization.
- Outline the benefits of membership; access to the latest industry news and advancements in the science, two monthly publications (EXPLORER and BULLETIN), new graduated dues structure, annual conferences (domestic and international), technical programs, education, Search and Discovery e-journal, special publications, digital products, member discounts on publications, conferences, short courses and online training, access to the Foundation Library and many more.
Don’t forget personal benefits such as access to health, life, car and home owners insurance and car rental discounts.
Joining is easier than it’s ever been. Applicants can join online or download a form.
If you prefer to personally hand them a form you can download and print these
yourself, or just contact
After a person joins, it is important to try to find ways to get them active; invite them to local talks, meetings and conventions, so they begin to develop that broader network of knowledge and contacts.
Want to know the Who’s-Who of recruiting? Check out our Web site and look at the list of recruiters. Here you also will find recruiting tips as well as complete information on the program.
You can have wonderful rewards – and you can help AAPG become even better.
Share the knowledge, share the benefits, share the science. Recruit someone today.