Denver Call for Papers Opens
The Web site is open and the call for papers period continues for the next AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition, which will be held June 7-10 in Denver.
This year’s theme is “Image the Past – Imagine the Future.”
While several sessions will take advantage of the industry’s current intensive emphasis on the Rocky Mountain region, many other sessions in Denver will be technical, more general and often international in scope.
Organizers are seeking papers that fit into 15 general topics:
- Global Deepwater E&P (four proposed sessions).
- Deepwater Reservoir Systems (eight sessions).
- Siliciclastic Systems (seven sessions plus an SEPM research symposium).
- Carbonate Systems (ten systems).
- Resource Development and Reservoir Characterization (nine sessions).
- Structural Geology (14 sessions).
- Exploration and New Plays (11 sessions).
- Tight Gas (five sessions).
- Unconventional Reservoirs (six sessions).
- Astrogeology (three sessions).
- Alternative and Renewable Energy (three sessions).
- Petroleum Geology and Public Policy (three sessions).
- Responsible Development, Sustainability, Climate Science (nine sessions, including a global climate change forum).
- Geologic Interpretation Case Histories of Geophysical Data (12 sessions).
- Student Sessions (two sessions – AAPG and SEPM).
The call for papers will end Nov. 4.
For more information on the technical program and the meeting in general go online.