Call for Papers Web Site Open
Abstracts Invited for Denver
It’s never too soon to start planning for AAPG’s next annual meeting – specifically, this is the month to begin.
A call for papers for the next AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition has been issued, and the Web site to receive abstracts will open Aug. 4.
Next year’s annual convention will be held June 7-10 in Denver, with the theme “Image the Past – Imagine the Future.”
While several sessions will take advantage of the industry’s current intensive emphasis on the Rocky Mountain region, many other sessions in Denver will be technical, more general and often international in scope.
Organizers are seeking papers for 15 general topics:
- Global Deepwater E&P (five possible specific sessions).
- Hydrocarbon Systems and Basin Analysis (seven sessions).
- Siliciclastic Systems (six sessions plus an SEPM research symposium).
- Carbonate Systems (nine systems).
- Structural Geology (11 sessions).
- Exploration and New Plays (eight sessions).
- Resource Development and Reservoir Characterization (seven sessions).
- Tight Gas (three sessions).
- Unconventional Reservoirs (seven sessions).
- Astrogeology (three sessions).
- Alternative and Renewable Energy (three sessions).
- Petroleum Geology and Public Policy (one session, “Peak Oil”).
- Responsible Development, Sustainability, Climate Science (nine sessions, including a global climate change forum).
- Geologic Interpretation Case Histories of Geophysical Data (13 sessions).
- Student Sessions (two sessions – AAPG and SEPM).
The call for papers will end Nov. 4.
For more information on the technical program and the meeting in general go online.