EMD, DEG Elect Officers for 2008-09
Both the Energy Minerals Division and the Division of Environmental Geosciences have announced their election results for the 2008-09 term.
Energy Minerals Division
Frank Walles, with Devon Energy Corp., The Woodlands, Texas, has been chosen president-elect for 2008-09 by the Energy Minerals Division.
Walles, who will assume the EMD presidency for 2009-10, joins on July 1 the EMD Executive Committee of Creties Jenkins, president, DeGolyer and MacNaughton, Dallas; and Neil Fishman, treasurer, U.S. Geological Survey, Denver.
Other newly elected EMD officers are:
- Vice president – Andrea A. Reynolds, Shell International Exploration and Production, Houston (2008-09 term).
- Secretary – Amy E. Sullivan, Shell International Exploration and Production, Houston (2008-10).
- Eastern Section Councilor – Charles M. Boyer II, consultant, Bridgeville, Pa. (2008-10)
- Mid-Continent Section Councilor – K. David Newell, Kansas Geological Survey, Lawrence, Kan. (2008-10)
- Rocky Mountain Section Councilor (2008-10) – Genevieve Young, Colorado Geological Survey, Denver.
- Pacific Section Councilor (2008-10) – James G. Clough, Alaska Geological and Geophysical Survey, Fairbanks, Alaska.
Division of Environmental Geosciences
Michael A. Jacobs, with Pioneer Natural Resources USA in Midland, Texas, has been voted president-elect of AAPG’s Division of Environmental Geosciences for 2008-09.
He and the other newly elected DEG officers will serve this year with DEG president Rebecca Dodge, of Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, Texas.
DEG’s other officers are:
- Vice president – Mary K. Harris, Savannah River National Laboratory, Aiken, S.C. (2008-09 term).
- Secretary-Treasurer – Nancy J. (Anne) Fix, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Wash. (2007-09).
- Editor – James W. Castle, Clemson University, Clemson, S.C. (2008-10).
- Past president – Charles G. (Chip) Groat, University of Texas, Jackson School of Geosciences, Austin, Texas (2008-09).