African Region Picks Leaders
Newly elected AAPG Africa Region leaders from five diverse countries have taken office and will serve two-year terms.
Following the recent election using AAPG’s online voting process, the officers from Ghana, Nigeria, Morocco, South Africa and Egypt assume responsibility to grow membership and enhance delivery of AAPG services to geoscientists in the Region.
Also elected for three-year terms were the Africa Region member of the AAPG Advisory Council and four delegates to the AAPG House of Delegates.
The new Region leaders are:
- President – James Kofi Agbernorto, Ghana National Petroleum, Ghana.
- President-elect – Nosa Omorodian, Schlumberger, Nigeria/Houston, Texas.
- Vice president – Haddou Jabour, ONHYM, Morocco.
- Secretary/Treasurer – Adedoja Ojelabi, ChevronTexaco, Nigeria.
- Advisory Council – Joe Ejedawe, Shell International E&P, Nigeria.
- House of Delegates:
- Bayo Akinpelu, Chevron, Nigeria/San Ramon, Calif.
- Bill Bosworth, Apache, Egypt.
- Almoundir Morabet, Tamounda Consulting, Morocco.
- Varsha Singh, PetroSA, South Africa.