Attending the Annual Convention? If so, don’t miss your chance to visit the AAPG Center located in Exhibit Hall D of the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center – the place to directly connect with your Association.
In the AAPG Center you’ll find:
- Talk to staff and see the online AAPG BULLETIN, BULLETIN archives (free to AAPG members) and more than 500,000 published pages in our archives. Original CD- and DVD-based publications are available for demonstration.
- See the latest books (more than a dozen new titles in the past year), then buy onsite or order for home delivery. All books are at AAPG member prices.
Pick up your FREE 2008 Annual Abstracts CD-ROM (with registration coupon). Extra copies are available for purchase.
- Meet EXPLORER managing editor Vern Stefanic, select from complimentary EXPLORER and BULLETIN past publications, and check out what’s new on AAPG’s Web site with site editor Janet Brister.
- Education/Distinguished Lecture
- Meet the education department staff and get information on upcoming courses, Hedburg conferences and the “Training Partners” program.
- Meet the Foundation staff and learn about the many programs and projects sponsored by the AAPG Foundation.
- Global Events
- Meet representatives for and get information about the 2009 annual convention in Denver; this year’s International Conference and Exhibition, set Oct. 26-29 in Cape Town, South Africa; APPEX London; and GEO India 2008, set Sept. 17-19 in New Delhi.
- Member Plaza
- The place to familiarize yourself with AAPG benefits and services.
- Member Services
- Apply for membership, pay dues, change your address on your file information and purchase member jewelry.
- General Store
- Purchase AAPG apparel and gifts for the kids; proceeds benefit AAPG Student Chapters.
- Division of Environmental Geosciences; Division of Professional Affairs (Specialty Certification for Petroleum Geologist, Petroleum Geophysicist and Coal Geologist); Energy Minerals Division.
- Student Benefits and Visiting Geoscientist Program
- Mike Mlynek, student affairs coordinator, will be available to answer questions.
- Sections and Regions
- Meet the Sections and Regions manager Carol Cain McGowen and liaison with House of Delegate members and AAPG affiliated societies.
- Member Insurance Programs
- Ask AAPG’s insurance administrator your insurance questions.