There’s still time to register for an education conference that has proven itself valuable for all geosciences, no matter their age or experience.
The AAPG Winter Education Conference, set Feb. 11-15 in Houston at the Norris Conference Center, offers a smorgasbord of a curriculum where registration is for the entire week and the badge is transferable.
Courses also are priced individually and include refreshments and a buffet lunch each day, in addition to course notes. Member discounts are available.
The conference has four different tracks – Business, Unconventional Reservoirs, Seismic and Petrophysical – with multiple courses successively available in each track. Also, attendees can mix and match the courses as desired.
Transferable badges allow for multiple individuals from a company to receive training.
This year’s slate features six new courses – including three with a personal/business slant. Those are:
- Thinking on Your Feet.
- Creativity in Exploration.
- Principles of Career Success as a Professional Geologist.
Other new WEC courses are:
- Geologic Interpretation of Seismic Data.
- Formation Evaluation of Thinly-Bedded Reservoirs.
- Assessment of Unconventional Shale Resources Using Geochemistry.
Popular courses that are returning to the conference slate are:
- Risk, Uncertainty and Decision-Making in Unconventional Resource Plays.
- Seismic Amplitude Interpretation.
- Seismic Geomorphology and Seismic Stratigraphy.
- Basic Openhole Log Interpretation.
- Quick Guide to Carbonate Well Log Analysis.