For San Antonio, the Early Bird Gets the $$$
You’ve heard about the meeting for months, but now the official technical program and registration announcement for the next AAPG Annual Convention is about to become a reality.
Members will receive the San Antonio meeting announcement with the January EXPLORER, in a new design that will make it easy to find all the details you need.
And if you attended either the 2006 or 2007 annual conventions, you are eligible for special reduced registration fees.
In other words, if you attended either of the past two AAPG meetings (in Long Beach or Houston) and if you register by Jan. 24, you’ll save up to $350 on your registration fee.
The meeting will be held April 20-23 at San Antonio’s Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. The theme is “Deliver the Conventional; Pursue the Unconventional.”
The technical program is expected to address the challenges of unconventional plays – including shale gas, oil shale and coalbed methane.
The announcement will include all the papers and posters that are being built around 12 areas. They are:
- Hydrocarbons from Shale and Coal.
- Deepwater Slope to Basin Systems.
- Structural Geology.
- Sedimentology and Stratigraphy.
- Reservoir Characterization and Modeling.
- Hydrocarbon Systems and Basin Analysis.
- New and Expanded Plays in North American and Global Basins.
- Geospatial Technology and Astrogeology.
- Environmental Concerns Related to Resource Development.
- Alternative Energy.
- Shaping Our Industry: People and Policy.
- Student Presentations.
Complete details – including how to save money on registration fees – will be in your hands with the January EXPLORER.
Also, for more information keep watching the Web site at www.aapg.org/sanantonio.