’09 Denver Ideas Sought
Organizers of the 2009 AAPG Annual Convention want members to have a say in the technical program’s content.
That’s right. This is your chance for input for shaping the program.
The 2009 meeting will be held in Denver June 7-10, with the theme “Image the Past – Imagine the Future.”
To start preparations, the Organizing Committee is seeking member suggestions for oral and poster sessions, session chairs, short courses, field trips, instructors and trip leaders – and the committee is especially interested in receiving suggestions of a “global nature that will appeal to the vast majority of attendees.”
Organizers said they want the technical program to cover a broad spectrum of geological interests, including:
- Global Deepwater E&P.
- Stratigraphy and Sedimentology.
- Structural Geology.
- Exploration and New Plays.
- Philosophy of Exploration.
- Resource Development & Reservoir Characterization.
- Tight Gas.
- Unconventional Reservoirs.
- Hydrocarbon Systems and Basin Analysis.
- New Opportunities and Technologies.
- Petroleum Geology and Public Policy.
- Alternative and Renewable Energy.
- The Environment and Responsible Development.
- Geophysical Applications.
Organizers said they hope to link many of the sessions to recent advances in the exploration for conventional and unconventional emerging resources with global applicability.
Send suggestions via e-mail to general technical program chair Steve Sonnenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org and include contact information with your recommendations.
Note that submittal of a suggestion does not guarantee inclusion in the program.
The deadline for submitting suggestions is Dec. 15.