Starts Sept. 10
Education Conference Slated for Houston
There’s still time to sign-up for an AAPG education event that has become a can’t-miss opportunity to sharpen your skills and knowledge.
The AAPG-SEG Fall Education Conference, built on the theme “stratigraphic traps,” will be held Sept. 10-14 at the Norris Conference Center in Houston.
The conference will offer 12 subjects in four concurrent sessions: education tools, carbonates, deepwater clastics and seismic evaluation.
Courses may be purchased individually, and the five-day badges can be transferred to a colleague to take advantage of the classes.
Those classes are:
- Sequence Stratigraphy for Petroleum Exploration (taught by AAPG Distinguished Lecturer Vitor Abreu).
- Deepwater Sands, Integrated Stratigraphic Analysis – A Workshop Using Multiple Data Sets (John Armentrout).
- Carbonate Depositional Systems,
- Diagenesis and Porosity Development (Art Saller).
- Quick Guide to Carbonate Well Log Analysis (George Asquith).
- Seismic Imaging of Carbonate Reservoirs (Rick Sarg).
- Seismic Interpretation in the Exploration Domain (Don Herron and Tim Smith).
- Understanding Seismic Anisotropy in Exploration and Exploitation (Leon Thomsen).
- 3-D Seismic Attributes for Prospect Identification and Reservoir Characterization (Kurt Marfurt).
- AVO: Seismic Lithology (Mike Graul and Fred Hilterman).
- Evaluating Seals and Pay (William Almon).
- Risk Analysis in Stratigraphic Traps (Jim MacKay and Robert Otis).
- Geochemical Exploration for Stratigraphic Traps and Other Subtle Traps: Methods and Case Histories (Deet Schumacher).
To enroll, or for more information, call (888) 338-3387; or go online to www.aapg.org/fallconference/.