Eastern Section Annual Meeting Set for Sept. 16-18 in Lexington
“Winning the Energy Trifecta” is the theme for this year’s annual meeting of the AAPG Eastern Section, which will be held Sept. 16-18 in Lexington, Ky.
The meeting, set at the Lexington Convention Center, offers a two-day technical program, workshops and a variety of field trips to view geologically significant areas of Kentucky.
The meeting theme, organizers said, “reflects the triple challenges faced by the energy industry in exploring, developing and sustaining energy resources.”
Meeting highlights will include:
- Training courses for Geographix™ and Petra™ geological software.
- Workshops on CO2 enhanced oil recovery and unconventional reservoir analysis.
- A “Devonian Shalebration,” which is a special display of Devonian organic-rich shale cores from the Appalachian, Illinois and Michigan basins.
- A tour of Mammoth Cave, the world’s longest known cave system, and a coal geology trip to southeastern Kentucky.
- Participation in a teachers’ workshop will also be available at the Falls of the Ohio State Park near Louisville.
For registration or more information, go to www.esaapg07.org.