Abstracts Due Sept. 27 for Annual Meeting
The abstract deadline month has arrived for the next AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition, which will be held April 20-23 in San Antonio.
Specifically, abstracts must be submitted online by Sept. 27.
It’s also time for exhibitors to reserve your place in what promises to be a large and exciting exhibits hall.
This year’s convention theme is “Deliver the Conventional; Pursue the Unconventional,” and members of the hosting South Texas Geological Society are preparing a program that addresses the challenges of unconventional plays – including shale gas, oil shale and coalbed methane.
The convention’s technical program, which will involve forums as well as the usual paper and poster sessions, will be built around 12 areas. They are:
- Hydrocarbons from Shale and Coal.
- Deepwater Slope to Basin Systems.
- Structural Geology.
- Sedimentology and Stratigraphy.
- Reservoir Characterization and Modeling.
- Hydrocarbon Systems and Basin Analysis.
- New and Expanded Plays in North American and Global Basins.
- Geospatial Technology and Astrogeology.
- Environmental Concerns Related to Resource Development.
- Alternative Energy.
- Shaping Our Industry: People and Policy.
- Student Presentations.
For either exhibition space details contact Steph Benton at 1-918-560-2696; or e-mail to email@example.com. For sponsorship opportunity details contact Randa Reeder-Briggs at 1-918-560-2660; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your abstract online at http://www.aapg.org/sanantonio/tech_program/call.cfm – and remember to do it by the Sept. 27 deadline.