Abstracts Sought For San Antonio; Deadline Sept. 27
Now is the time to prepare and submit your abstracts for the next AAPG Annual Convention, which will be held April 20-23 in San Antonio.
It’s also time for exhibitors to reserve your place in what promises to be a large and exciting exhibits hall.
This year’s convention theme is “Deliver the Conventional; Pursue the Unconventional,” and members of the hosting South Texas Geological Society are preparing a program that addresses the challenges of unconventional plays – including shale gas, oil shale and coalbed methane.
Abstracts, which should be submitted online at www.aapg.org/sanantonio, are due Sept. 27.
The convention’s technical program, which will involve forums as well as the usual paper and poster sessions, will be built around 12 areas. They are:
- Hydrocarbons from Shale and Coal.
- Deepwater Slope to Basin Systems.
- Structural Geology.
- Sedimentology and Stratigraphy.
- Reservoir Characterization and Modeling.
- Hydrocarbon Systems and Basin Analysis.
- New and Expanded Plays in North American and Global Basins.
- Geospatial Technology and Astrogeology.
- Environmental Concerns Related to Resource Development.
- Alternative Energy.
- Shaping Our Industry: People and Policy.
- Student Presentations.
For either exhibition space details contact Steph Benton at 1-918-560-2696; or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For sponsorship opportunity details contact Randa Reeder-Briggs at 1-918-560-2660; or e-mail email@example.com.