Abstract Time Opens for San Antonio
The planning has begun and the first announcement has been mailed for the next AAPG Annual Convention, which will be held April 20-23 in San Antonio.
The meeting’s theme is “Deliver the Conventional; Pursue the Unconventional,” and members of the hosting South Texas Geological Society already have laid the foundation for what promises to be an exciting meeting.
The convention’s technical program, which will involve forums as well as the usual paper and poster sessions, will be built around 12 areas. They are:
- Hydrocarbons from Shale and Coal.
- Deepwater Slope to Basin Systems.
- Structural Geology.
- Sedimentology and Stratigraphy.
- Reservoir Characterization and Modeling.
- Hydrocarbon Systems and Basin Analysis.
- New and Expanded Plays in North American and Global Basins.
- Geospatial Technology and Astrogeology.
- Environmental Concerns Related to Resource Development.
- Alternative Energy.
- Geoscience and Policy.
- Student Presentations.
Abstracts, which should be submitted online at www.aapg.org/sanantonio, are due Sept. 27.
Rounding out the program will be short courses, field trips and various social activities, including a traditional “A Night in Old San Antonio” party.
As usual, the convention also will include a dazzling exhibition showcase of the newest technology and geologic information, plus a variety of sponsorship opportunities -- and for those wanting to participate in those areas, now is the time to make your contacts.
For either exhibition space or sponsorship opportunity details contact Marvetta McNeel at 1-918-560-2692; or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.