Executive Editor – Books, Schlumberger, Sugar Land, Texas
Born 1964, Suffern, N.Y.
- M.A., Geological Sciences, The University of Texas at Austin
- B.A., Geology, Bryn Mawr College
- Schlumberger, Sugar Land and Houston, Texas
- Executive Editor – Books
- Editor, Senior Editor and Advisory Editor, Schlumberger Oilfield Review; founding coordinator and manager/administrator, Schlumberger Oilfield Glossary
- Development Geologist, Oryx Energy Co., Dallas
- Exploration Geologist, Maxus Exploration Co., Dallas
- Freelance editor and writer
- Chairman, Public Outreach Committee
- Member, Publications Committee
- Associate Editor
- Chairman, Publications Committee
- Vice Chairman, Publications Committee
- HoD alternate
Other Professional Organizations
- Associate Editor, AIPG
- Secretary, Dallas Geological Society
Honors and Awards
- AAPG Certificate of Merit for service as Publications Committee chairman
- Business Marketing Association (Houston chapter) Lantern Award for the Schlumberger Oilfield Glossary
- 2001 and 2002
- Business Marketing Association (Houston chapter) Awards of Excellence for the Schlumberger Oilfield Glossary
- Researched and wrote more than 20 articles on oilfield technology for the Schlumberger Oilfield Review and numerous articles for other Schlumberger publications.
- Wrote geology and geophysics definitions for the Schlumberger Oilfield Glossary.
- Articles on geoscience careers for Geotimes and The Professional Geologist, 2001 and 2006.
- Presentations on writing and editing for the Association of Earth Science Editors, 2000 and 2004.
- Technology content contributor to the Schlumberger corporate Web site