EMD Elects Leadership For 2007-08
The Energy Minerals Division has announced the following election results:
- President-Elect (president 2008-09) -- Creties Jenkins, DeGolyer and MacNaughton, Dallas.
- Vice president -- Larry M. Knox, Dominion Exploration & Production, Houston.
- Treasurer -- Neil S. Fishman, U.S. Geological Survey, Denver.
Elected as EMD councilors were:
- Gulf Coast Section -- Michael A. Wiley, consultant, Canyon Lake, Texas.
- Mid-Continent Section -- M. Ed Ratchford, Arkansas Geological Commission, Little Rock, Ark.
- Pacific Section -- James G. Clough, Alaska Geological and Geophysical Survey, Fairbanks, Alaska.
- Rocky Mountain Section -- Laura L. Wray, Geo-Productions and Lighthouse Consulting, Denver.
- Southwest Section -- Jeffrey R. Levine, consultant, Richardson, Texas.
- Canadian Region -- Andrew P. Beaton, Alberta Geological Survey, Edmonton, Canada.
The new board members will assume their positions on July 1. Douglas G. Patchen, West Virginia Geological & Economic Survey, Morgantown, W.Va., will serve as president, and Elizabeth “Betsy” Campen, Campen Consultants, Billings, Mont., secretary.