Shipp Makes Season’s Final DL Tour in April
Shipp, the geohazards assessment team leader for Shell International E&P, Houston, begins his tour April 3-4 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, speaking to the Geological Society of Malaysia and the KL Geological Society, respectively.
Shipp is this year’s Roy M. Huffington Distinguished Lecturer, which is an international tour funded by the AAPG Foundation through contributions from the Huffington family in honor of the oilman-geologist.
Shipp will offer two talks:
- “Significance and Recognition of Mass-Transport Deposits in Deepwater Environments.”
- “Where Offshore Drilling Meets Shallow Geology: Impact of Near-Surface Depositional Systems on Deepwater Operations.”
The remaining scheduled stops on his tour include:
- April 9 -- Chevron Bangladesh/Dhaka and Jahangirnagar universities, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- April 10 -- Association of Petroleum Geologists, Delhi, India.
- April 13 -- Shell Oil, Bangalore, India.
- April 16 -- SPE Shekou Section, Shekou, Shenzhen, People’s Republic of China.
- April 18 -- SPE Vietnam Section, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- April 19 -- China University of Geosciences, Beijing, People’s Republic of China.
- April 23 -- SPE Korean Section, Seoul, Korea.
- April 25 -- Japanese Association for Petroleum Technology, Tokyo.