New Dates Announced for Athens 2007
New meeting dates have been announced for the European Region Energy Conference and Exhibition set this year for Athens, Greece -- the first joint venture between AAPG and the AAPG European Region.
The meeting now will be held Nov. 18-21.
Athens 2007 is being created on the theme “Challenge Our Myths,” and the meeting and exhibition will be held in the beautiful, white marble Megaron International Conference Centre in the heart of Athens.
Technical program highlights will include:
- A session on “Untraditional Theories and Ideas in Global and Large Scale Geology,” which will examine the basis for the concept of subduction zones.
- Updates on recent exploration and production within key petroleum regions in the Mediterranean, North Africa, Middle East, Caspian, Black Sea, Russia, North Sea, Norwegian Sea and the Barents Sea.
- Updates on carbonate and clastic reservoirs, structural geology, heavy oil, unconventional resources and resource estimation.
- A look at the energy supply and demand picture.
Greece’s multi-dimensional history and culture also will provide the setting for a number of social activities, including:
- Visits to classical and historical locations in and around Athens -- including Acropolis and Agora -- as well as sites away from Athens including Cape Sounion and Delphi.
- Visits to archaeological and Byzantium museums, as well as art galleries such as the National Gallery and Vorres Gallery.
- Visits to high-tech locations at the Hellenic Centre, planetarium and Olympic Complex Centre.
- Day trips and excursions to nearby islands of Aigina and Spetses.
- Trips to vineyards and wineries in Attica.
For more information on Athens 2007 go to the AAPG Web site at www.aapg.org/athens.