2007 Slate of Edu-ops
With this EXPLORER you also received the 2007 Education Catalog, featuring all our course offerings for the upcoming year.
Several new short courses and field seminars have been added this year, along with the list of past favorites.
Seats in many of these fill up fast, so register early to make sure you get your spot reserved – and get a discount for signing up prior to the deadline date specified for each course.
The cornerstone of the 2007 program is the fourth annual Winter Education Conference, set Feb. 12-16 in Houston. Five of its 12 courses are new, and two are expanded versions of previous events.
The new offerings include:
- Introduction to Coalbed Methane (taught by Tom Moore).
- Seismic Amplitude Interpretation – Lithology and Pore Fluid Estimation (Fred Hilterman).
- 3-D Seismic Attributes for Prospect Identification and Reservoir Characterization (Kurt Marfurt).
- Seismic Geomorphology and Seismic Sratigraphy – Extracting Geological Insights from 3D Seismic Data (Henry Posamentier).
- Advancements in Petrophysics and What to Do with Them (Dave Marschall).
Returning favorites include:
- Essentials of Subsurface Mapping (Dick Banks).
- Introduction to Computer Mapping (Hannes Leetaru).
- Practical Mapping of Surfaces, Properties and Volumes for Reservoir Characterization (Jeffrey Yarus).
- Rock Properties of Tight Gas Sandstones (Alan Byrnes).
- Risk and Economic Evaluation and Assessment of Unconventional Reservoirs (William Haskett).
- Basic Openhole Log Interpretation (Dan Krygowski).
- Introduction to DSTs for Geologists (Hugh Reid).
Tuition for the full week is $1,295 for AAPG members and $1,395 for non-members, and badges are transferable. Courses also are individually priced for those not wanting to sign up for the full week.
Refreshments, buffet lunches and an AAPG mini-Bookstore will be available each day.
The conference will be held at the Hilton Houston Westchase Hotel, and a special AAPG group rate is available.
More than 150 people attended last year’s conference. Class sizes are limited.
See the AAPG Web site for complete course descriptions and registration information, or contact the AAPG Education Department at 1-918-560-2650; or toll-free (in the United States) at 1-888-338-3387; or e-mail at email@example.com; or fax at 1-918-560-2678.