San Antonio Committee Seeks Program Input
San Antonio will be the site of the 2008 AAPG Annual Convention, and meeting organizers want members to have a say in the technical program’s content.
The meeting is set for April 20-23 (during the city’s annual Fiesta celebration) with the theme “Deliver the Conventional: Pursue the Unconventional.”
The Organizing Committee is seeking member suggestions for oral and poster sessions, session chairs, short courses, field trips, instructors and trip leaders – and the committee is especially interested in receiving suggestions of a “global nature that will appeal to the vast majority of attendees.”
Organizers said they want the technical program to cover a broad spectrum of geological interests, including:
- Current and emerging unconventional resources.
- Structural geology – with applications to resource development.
- Sedimentology and sequence stratigraphy.
- Reservoir characterization and modeling.
- New and expanded plays in domestic and global basins.
- Hydrocarbon systems and basin analysis.
- Carbon dioxide sequestration.
- Water resources related to resource development.
- Geoscience and public policy.
Organizers said they hope to link many of the sessions to recent advances in the exploration for conventional and unconventional emerging resources with global applicability.
Send suggestions via e-mail to general technical program co-chairs Andrew R. Scott at email@example.com; and Tucker F. Hentz at firstname.lastname@example.org – and include contact information with your recommendations.
Note that submittal of a suggestion does not guarantee inclusion in the program.