The abstract submitting process has begun for the next AAPG Annual Convention, which will be held April 1-4 in Long Beach, Calif.
The theme is “Understanding Earth Systems -- Pursuing the Checkered Flag.”
Abstracts can be submitted through the Sept. 27 deadline. The Long Beach technical program’s themes are:
- Deepwater Reservoirs.
- Stratigraphy and Sedimentology.
- Structural Innovations and Applications.
- Global Exploration Portfolio.
- Maximizing Our Potential: Reservoir Characterization and Modeling.
- Geoscience Tools.
- Unconventional Reservoirs and Resources.
- Hydrocarbon Systems and Basin Analysis.
- The New Oil Business.
- Astrogeology and the “Bigger” Picture.
- Geoscience and Public Policy.
- Student Sessions.
More information on the meeting and technical program -- including instructions for submitting abstracts -- can be found on the AAPG Web site.