Learn more about suppporting the AAPG through the AAPG Foundation
New Endowed Funds Announced
Five new endowments have been announced for
the AAPG Foundation’s Digital Product University
The new gifts, which endow access to students for
the entire AAPG digital library, are:
- From Marta Weeks, a subscription for the
University of Wisconsin in memory of her late father-inlaw,
Lewis G. Weeks.
- From Paul Strunk, a subscription for Kansas State
- From Bruce Falkenstein, subscriptions for the
University of Calgary and Oregon State University.
- From Dan Smith, subscriptions for the University
of Texas at Austin.
The Foundation’s Digital Products University
Alumni Fund allows alumni to provide, with a one-time
gift or bequest of $12,500, access for current
students to AAPG’s digital library – over 450,000
pages of information.
In other Foundation news, the Grants-in-Aid Program recently received funding for two new Named Grants:
- Bill Barrett has provided funding for the Barrett
Family Named Grant, which will provide $500 annually
to a geoscience graduate student at Kansas State
- Herbert and Shirley Davis have provided funding
for an annual $500 grant in their names for a geoscience
graduate student at Oklahoma State University.
For information on these and other Foundation
programs contact Rebecca Griffin (1-918-560-2644;
), or visit the Web site at