Seven candidates are vying for positions as AAPG officers for 2006-07.
The list includes six people selected and approved as candidates by the AAPG Executive Committee (with Advisory Council input), plus one petition candidate.
Candidates for officers are:
- Willard R. "Will" Green, an independent/consultant with Green Energy Resources in Midland, Texas.
- G. Warfield "Skip" Hobbs, Ammonite Resources, New Canaan, Conn.
- Peter M. Lloyd, retired, formerly with Schlumberger, teaching for Heriot Watt University, Falicon, France.
- John C. Dolson, TNK-BP, Moscow, Russia.
- John C. Lorenz, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Randi S. Martinsen, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyo.
- William A. Morgan, ConocoPhillips, Houston.
The president-elect winner will serve as AAPG president in 2007-08. The vice president will serve for the 2006-07 term and the treasurer will serve for 2006-08.
Candidate statements and biographies are available online and will appear in the January issue of the EXPLORER. Official campaign guidelines are available online.
DEG, DPA List Officer Candidates
Two AAPG divisions have announced officer candidates for 2006. The Energy Minerals Division candidates were announced in the November EXPLORER.
Division of Environmental Geosciences WEB SITE
- Donald E. Clarke, Lakewood, Calif.
- Charles G. (Chip) Groat, Austin, Texas.
- Michael A. Jacobs, Midland, Texas.
- Gregory A. Minnery, Midland, Texas.
- Gerald (Jerry) R. Baum, Baltimore.
- Dibyendu (Dibs) Sarkar, San Antonio.
Division of Professional Affairs WEB SITE
- Thomas E. Ewing, San Antonio
- Daniel J. Tearpock, Houston
- Suzanne Cluff, Denver.
- John R. Hogg, Calgary, Canada.
- Michael R. Canich Jr., Pittsburgh.
- Jeffrey A. Jones, Albany, Texas.