Seven candidates are currently slated to vie for positions as AAPG officers for 2006-07.
Additional petitions for candidacy must be submitted prior to Oct. 15.
Candidates for officers are:
- Willard R. "Will" Green, an independent/consultant with Green Energy Resources in Midland, Texas (petition candidate).
- G. Warfield "Skip" Hobbs, Ammonite Resources, New Canaan, Conn.
- Peter M. Lloyd, retired, formerly with Schlumberger, teaching for Heriot Watt University, Falicon, France.
- John C. Dolson, TNK-BP, Moscow, Russia.
- John C. Lorenz, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Randi S. Martinsen, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyo.
- William A. Morgan, ConocoPhillips, Houston.
The president-elect winner will serve as AAPG president in 2007-08. The vice president will serve for the 2006-07 term and the treasurer will serve for 2006-08.
Candidate statements and biographies are available online and will appear in the January issue of the EXPLORER. Official campaign guidelines are available online.