An energy blueprint for the next 50 years in the Pacific
Rim is now available in DVD format from the AAPG Bookstore.
"Perspectives for Energy" is a two-disk set that captures a series
of 11 presentations, released by the Circum Pacific Council for
Energy and Mineral Resources, Stanford University, and the U.S.
The DVD set offers an overview of the challenges raised by regional
exploration and development. Petroleum exploration, renewable energy,
industrial ecology, energy economics and even rural electrification
in Third World countries are all covered.
The DVD was produced at Stanford, and many of the video presentations
include PowerPoint presentations of the speakers' lecture slides.
- Nahum Schneidermann, ChevronTexaco, "Global Distribution of
Oil, Gas and Coal."
- Merwin Brown, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, "Unified
Vision for Renewable Electricity Generation, Distributed Energy
- Joel Swisher, Rocky Mountain Institute, "Reconciling Economic
and Environmental Goals with Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy."
- Christopher Flavin, Worldwatch Institute, "The Coming Energy
Revolution: Why the Fossil Fuel Age is Doomed and What Will Replace
- Peter Rozelle, U.S. Department of Energy, "Industrial Ecology
in the Energy Business: Getting the Squeal Out of the Pig."
- Andrew McAllister, Energy Solutions, "Real-World Programs for
Energy Efficiency and Rural Electrification."
- Frances Wood, OnLocation Inc., "Basics of Modeling Energy Demand
and Power Supply."
- Hillard Huntington, Stanford Energy Modeling Forum, "The Great
Energy Transformation: Reforming the Electric Power Sector."
- John Imle, retired Unocal vice chairman, "Gas -- the Fuel of
the 21st Century: Economic, Environmental, Ethical and Political
Issues of Selected Natural Gas Projects."
- Yonghun Jung, Asia Pacific Energy Research Centre, "APEC Energy
Demand and Supply: Implications of Energy Trends."
- Kai Anderson, legislative director for U.S. Sen. Harry Reid,
"A National Energy Plan or Wasted Energy?"
"Perspectives on Energy" is available through the AAPG
Bookstore for $50 (catalog no. 716-03). Order
online; or order toll free (USA & Canada) at (800) 364-AAPG.