Download the Survey(s)
with the .PDF suffix represent Portable Document Format files, viewable
using an Adobe Acrobat¨ Reader software. Adobe offers a free run-time
license to users, the software can be downloaded at the Adobe
AAPG report on what affiliated societies and state geological surveys
are doing with and for K-12, university and civic groups has been
completed and is available on the AAPG Web site.
The survey effort was led by
past AAPG president Robert Cowdery, who asked of affiliated societies
such questions as:
- Does your society have an organized effort
to reach K-12? (22 societies answered no; 13 answered yes).
- Do you have a speaker's bureau available
to make presentations to schools? (19 said no; 18 said yes).
- Do your members lead field trips for teachers
and students? (15 said no; 21 said yes).
- Does your society maintain a library with
publications, videotapes, etc., available to teachers? (25 said
no; 9 said yes).
- Does your society provide mentors for university
students under the AAPG's mentoring program? (35 said no; 2 said
- Does your society participate and/or provide
Earth Science Week activities in your area? (18 said no; 19 said
Cowdery's report includes comments
from the societies and committee recommendations.