Pre-registration Deadline: September 30
Field Trip registration deadline:
The program is set and final preparations
have started for Cairo 2002, AAPG's next international conference
and exhibition, which will be held Oct. 27-30 in Cairo, Egypt.
"Ancient Oil -- New Energy" is the theme for the
meeting, most of which will be held in the Cairo International Conference
Centre. The meeting is jointly sponsored by AAPG, EPEX, SEG, EGS
and EAGE, with sessions by SPE.
The technical program includes 47 oral and poster
sessions, six short courses and 11 field trips, designed to take
advantage not only of the geology but also of the historical, archeological
and cultural treasures that can be found in Egypt, North and West
Africa, the Middle East and around the Mediterranean region.
The exhibits area, in addition to having the latest
in technical, educational and national displays, also will be the
site of the Virtual Cafe, where complimentary access to e-mail will
be available to those attending the conference.
Technical sessions are built around themes that include:
- Executive sessions dealing with technology and business challenges.
- Petroleum systems and hydrocarbon migration.
- Reservoir prediction and seismic advances.
- Sequence stratigraphy.
- The explorer of the 21st century.
- Enhanced production and drilling advances.
- Regional geology of North Africa and Arabia.
- Comparisons of Gulf of Mexico, West Africa and Nile/Mediterranean
- Highlights from other regions (Australia, Indonesia, etc.).
The official meeting announcement
is online. The pre-registration deadline is Sept. 30.
Latest, most complete information on Cairo 2002