Here's a chance to have lunch with a legend.
The Division of Professional Affairs' luncheon at
the AAPG Annual Meeting, in keeping with the theme "Heritage of
the Petroleum Geologist," will have more than 30 successful oilfinders
acting as hosts at the individual tables.
The luncheon is co-sponsored by the Society of Independent
Professional Earth Scientists.
Organizer Bob Shoup said that the luncheon structure
will give everyone a chance to personally dine and talk with a geologist
who has helped create the profession's glorious heritage.
Also, all luncheon attendees will receive a booklet
containing information and anecdotes about the honorees.
wildcatter Michel T. Halbouty will be the luncheon speaker.
The DPA/SIPES luncheon will begin at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday,
March 12, in the George R. Brown Convention Center. Tickets are
$35, or $25 for students.
Those who will be honored and acting as hosts include:
- John Amoruso, Amoruso Petroleum, Houston.
- Bruce Appelbaum, ChevronTexaco, Bellaire, Texas.
- R.J. Ardell, Nippon Oil Exploration, Houston.
- William J. Barrett, retired, Cherry Hills Village, Colo.
- Dan Busch, consultant, Tulsa.
- A.T. "Toby" Carleton, Tocor Exploration, Midland, Texas.
- Robey Clark, independent consultant, Amarillo, Texas.
- Bob Cowdery, consultant, Wichita, Kan.
- Marlan Downey, retired president, Arco, Dallas.
- William Fisher, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas.
- Mike Forrest, consultant, Dallas.
- Larry Funkhouser, retired director, Chevron, Menlo Park, Calif.
- Jim Gibbs, Five States Energy, Dallas.
- Robbie Gries, Priority Oil & Gas, Denver.
- Alfredo Guzman, Pemex, Villahermosa, Mexico.
- Michel T. Halbouty, Michel T. Halbouty Energy, Houston.
- Frank Harrison Jr., Optimistic Oil, Lafayette, La.
- Roy Huffington, Roy M. Huffington Inc., Houston.
- Harry Jamison, petroleum exploration consultant, Tucson, Ariz.
- James O. "Jim" Lewis, consultant, Houston.
- John Masters, Direct Detection Experts, Denver.
- James Robertson, Rannoch Petroleum, Fort Worth, Texas.
- Pete Rose, Rose & Associates, Austin, Texas.
- Jack Schanck, Samson Investment, Sugar Land, Texas.
- Harrison Schmitt, former astronaut, consultant, Albuquerque,
- John Seitz, Anadarko Petroleum, Houston.
- Robert M. Sneider, Robert M. Sneider Exploration, Houston.
- H. Leighton Steward, Environmental Credits, Metairie, La.
- Jack Threet, Threet Energy Inc., Houston.
- Gene Van Dyke, Vanco Energy, Houston.
- Cindy Yeilding, BP America, Houston.