Advisory Council Seated
Marlan W. Downey has been seated as chairman of the
2001-2002 AAPG Advisory Council.
Council members include past AAPG presidents M. Ray
Thomasson and Richard S. Bishop; Andrew R. Scott, president-EMD;
William E. Harrison, president-DEG; Royce P. Carr, president-DPA;
and Lowell K. Lischer, immediate past chair-House of Delegates.
Section representatives are:
- Robert Countryman, Pacific Section.
- Elizabeth B. Campen, Rocky Mountain Section.
- Lawrence H. Wickstrom, Eastern Section.
- Mark J. Gallagher, Gulf Coast Section.
- Gerald E. Harrington, Southwest Section.
- James S. McGhay, Mid-Continent Section.
- Dwight M. Moore, Gulf Coast
International Region/voting representatives (750
or more members) include:
- Richard F. Hardman, Europe, 1999-2002.
- George Eynon, Canada.
International Regions/non-voting representatives
(fewer than 750 members) are:
- Nilo Azambuja, Latin America.
- Deborah E. Ajakaiye, Africa.
The Middle East Section representative is to be named